Wednesday, July 24, 2024

My Review for Do Me a Favor by Cathy Yardley read by Elyse Dinh and Teddy Hamilton



I love an audiobook and although this was a slow start; I found myself enjoying it more and more as the book progressed. Hudson was a great character. I liked him from the very beginning, but Willa was a different story. It took me a while to warm to her, and she did irritate me a bit when she was constantly calling on Hudson to come and get her out of a pickle.

Both Elyse and Teddy were great narrators and worked well together as Willa and Hudson. Teddy’s voice made me melt inside. I have no idea what he looks like and don’t want to check in case I am disappointed lol!

Small-town-romance and family-orientated books are always a winner for me and once the scene was set, and I understood the background of both characters, I enjoyed Cathy Yardley’s latest book. 

Thank you to NetGalley, Cathy Yardley and Literary Media Tours for the opportunity to listen to and review Do Me a Favor.

About the Book

Willa Lieu-Endicott moved from California to the Pacific Northwest to start over. Since her husband’s death, she’s been struggling to get back her old career as a cookbook ghostwriter. Unfortunately, her latest project—ghostwriting for a viral cooking sensation known more for his washboard abs than his meals—has her stuck.

Until she meets her new neighbor.

Hudson Daws, the handyman next door, lives on a farm with his parents and two adult children. He’s the opposite of everything she’s ever known. His happily chaotic life includes biker barbecues, an escape artist dog, and adorably menacing goats. He’s also got a sinfully sexy smile and a rumbling bass voice that makes her shiver. He inspires her.

From their first meeting, the two fall into an escalating cycle of favors, paybacks…and attraction, even though Willa’s trying to keep her distance.

They both have their own pasts to deal with. Now, they just have to figure out if they have a future.


About Cathy - by Cathy

When I was in high school, my Vietnamese mother told me I couldn’t read romance because, and I quote, “they rot your brain.”

Needless to say, when I got a job at the library, I promptly went in search of this forbidden fruit. I started by sneaking category romance in the house… a Harlequin here, a Candelight romance there. Slim paperbacks that felt like rebellion, but also were just fun, full of love, angst, and happy endings.

Then I met my best friend in college, and she had an entire closet full of them. I stayed up until 3:00 in the morning reading my first Julie Garwood. From there, I started devouring as many as I could get my hands on… and started noodling my first plots.

Keep in mind: I come from a family of MBAs and engineers. The idea of becoming a writer was amusing to them. Writing, in their estimation, was something that you plinked away at for fun when you retired. It certainly wasn’t something people did for a living.

I tried, I swear. I tried to be other things. But writing just kept tugging at me. I used my Mass Communications degree to promote other authors at my local writing chapter. I wrote in addition to a wide variety of day jobs, saying it was “just for me.” 

So you’ve got to imagine my joyous shock when I sold my first book in 1999, to Harlequin. 

It’s been over 25 years since then, and sometimes, I’m still just as shocked… and just as happy.








0 comments:

Post a Comment