Sunday, July 18, 2021

My Review for Love & Pollination by Mari Jane Law

Love & Pollination Cover

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Thank you so much to the author, Mari Jane Law, for asking me to review Love & Pollination. I love a rom-com and it was a beautiful story to read in the sunshine, and definitely a 5 star read.

Perdita Riley is experiencing some unfortunate setbacks in her life. At the beginning of the story, Perdita loses her job, but we are then taken back a few months to see her falling into the grasp of a man who only wants one thing, but a man that Perdita has lusted after for years. The story is then a continuation of the events which follow these episodes. Perdita describes events that happen in her life as ‘setbacks’ and ‘most humiliating experiences’, and numbers them all as they occur. As Law describes each one, you just know that whatever it is, Perdita will call it one or the other! 

Perdita Riley reminded me of Eleanor Oliphant and I found similarities between the two characters. In my mind, Eleanor had some autistic traits, and Perdita, particularly with the strange nuances regarding plant comparisons, appeared to be the same. I don’t want to tell you any more about the plant comparisons because it might spoil your enjoyment of the story. They made me smile though, and I must praise Mari Jane Law for how she thought of and achieved all the different words and phrases!

As the book progresses, all the characters become intertwined, appearing in various parts of the book and linking with other characters in ways that you don’t necessarily see coming. Some characters you will love, some not so much. Violet is a hilariously wicked old lady who tries to play Cupid, not always with the outcome she wants at the time! Gavin and Luke are Perdita’s closest friends and are with her every step of the way, throughout her tumultuous journey throughout the book.

I thoroughly enjoyed Love & Pollination and if you fancy an easy read with some love and laughs along the way, then I would highly recommend this. I sincerely hope that Mari Jane Law is writing more because I can’t wait to read them!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Samantha for the lovely review. I read Eleanor Oliphant too and enjoyed it. How nice to have Perdita compared to her, another endearing character.

    ReplyDelete