Thursday, July 22, 2021

My Review for Welcome to Ferry Lane Market by Nicola May

Welcome to Ferry Lane Market Book Cover
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Thank you to NetGalley and Hodder & Stoughton for the opportunity to read and review an ARC of Welcome to Ferry Lane Market.

I’ve read one of the Cockleberry Bay series and I know at the time I wanted to read more. However, for whatever reason, I just didn’t get around to it, so when the opportunity arose to read the first in Nicola May’s new series, I jumped at the chance. Ferry Lane Market will be just as successful as Cockleberry Bay and I will definitely, definitely be going back and reading the rest of the Cockleberry Bay books!

Anyway, onto, Welcome to Ferry Lane Market...... Kara is a thirty-three-year-old who has lived all of her life in Hartmouth, Cornwall, Working on a floristry stall in Ferry Lane Market, since leaving school, she is very family-oriented and loves her Dad, her Grandad and her best friend Star. Dumping her cheating boyfriend, Jago, Kara slowly begins a new chapter in her life, starting with renting out her spare room to Airbnb guests. Then, mysteriously, a plane ticket arrives and Kara has to decide whether to embark on the trip of a lifetime.

I love Kara; she enjoys her independence, but she also wants to share her life with those she loves. As she takes her trip, she realises she has a choice. The way she lives her life, the responses to everything that is thrown at her - how she reacts - it’s her choice, and May certainly shares that viewpoint well with her readers. As Kara returns home to Hartmouth, she is a more confident person who knows what she wants from life and how to go about getting it!

Nicola May’s descriptions of Hartmouth and Ferry Lane Market just make me want to visit and to mingle with the residents. I want to visit Frank’s diner and sample his ‘under-the-counter’ gin! I want to take the ferry across the water to Crowsbridge, and I really, really want to visit STAR Crystals & Jewellery!

An exceptional read for these UK hot summer days! Definitely check out Welcome to Ferry Lane Market if you enjoy contemporary romance and a heart-warming feel-good story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment