Monday, September 4, 2023

My Review for The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna, read by Samara MacLaren



If you love witches, fantasy, magic and a book that can make you believe all this could be real, then I can guarantee you will love The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches. Mika Moon packs up all her belongings and takes herself and her dog to a remote location in Norfolk, and very quickly finds herself wrapped up in the trials and tribulations of Nowhere House.

Until I started listening to this book, I had no idea that it was set in Norfolk in the east of England. I moved here just last summer, so a book set in the same place I’m living gets a huge tick. Then I found out that the author lives just a few miles up the road in Norwich, a city in Norfolk, so I get even more excited!

Each and every character is unique and quirky and lovable. There’s excitement and magic, spells and romance, acceptance and family and love.

I listened to this as an audiobook, and the narrator, Samara MacLaren, was outstanding. She brought the characters to life and added atmosphere along the way. 

If all this sounds like your sort of thing, then I’d urge you to grab a copy for yourself ready for the witchy season.

Thank you to NetGalley and Hodder & Stoughton Audio for the opportunity to listen to and review The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna.



0 comments:

Post a Comment