Monday, December 5, 2022

My Review for Typecast by Andrea Stein

Typecast Cover
⭐⭐⭐⭐ I have had Typecast on my TBR list for a few months and after a very hectic summer, I finally got around to reading it, and boy was it worth the wait! From the very beginning, I was invested in Callie and her life, what had gone before and what was to come. Set over two main timelines, before the break-up with college boyfriend Ethan and present day where Callie is now a preschool teacher and living in the house she grew up in.

Typecast was a delight to read, all the characters were loveable in their own way and I especially had a soft spot for Callie’s niece, four-year-old Zoe who was just so cute when she realised she’d get to share a bedroom with her Auntie Callie for a few months.

Callie finds herself with a lot to contend with, her sister and her family coming to stay for a while, the discovery that Ethan is the screenwriter for a movie that just may or may not be based on what happened when Callie dumped him and finding out what she actually wants to do with her life.

I can imagine Typecast being made into a movie and what an entertaining and funny movie it would be. In the meantime, if you enjoy women’s contemporary fiction and want something easy to read as Christmas approaches, grab yourself a copy of Typecast. Andrea Stein obviously has an amazing talent for writing and I hope she brings out another book soon.  

Thank you to the author for my gifted copy in exchange for a review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment