Sunday, June 6, 2021

My Review for The Cursed Girls by Caro Ramsay

Cursed Girls Cover
⭐⭐⭐⭐. Thank you to NetGalley, Canongate and Black Thorn for the opportunity to read and review an ARC of The Cursed Girls by Caro Ramsay.

What is the Melvick Curse?  It seems that lives begin to deteriorate for anyone who gets involved with the Melvick family.  Melissa is the eldest daughter, and she’s dying, Megan, the youngest, is deaf and people think she’s mad.  Their mother disappeared. And whatever happened to Megan’s best friend?

Megan returns to her childhood family home, the Melvick Estate, to say goodbye to her dying sister.  But once there she finds it hard to leave, people around Megan are doing their utmost to make her stay, but why?

I found The Cursed Girls slow, to begin with, but it soon became a book I just couldn’t wait to get to the end of - for all the good reasons!  Caro Ramsay is brilliant at keeping you guessing throughout the story and it will keep you guessing as to what will happen next.  There were many times throughout the book when I was sure I knew what was coming, only to be thrown in a completely different direction!

I wasn’t sure which characters I could trust in this book and even right until the end, the only one I believed was the protagonist, Megan Melvick.  Certainly, strange things were happening to her, some of which she couldn’t explain, Megan but for me, she was a likeable character who only wanted to discover the truth.

If you like a mystery/thriller then check out The Cursed Girls, I need to find myself some more Caro Ramsay novels to read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment