Sunday, June 6, 2021

My Review for 20th Victim by James Patterson

20th Victim Cover
⭐⭐⭐⭐  20th Victim is my first James Patterson novel and part of the Women’s Murder Club series.   I listened to it as an Audiobook,  narrated by January LaVoy and borrowed from Borrowbox. I enjoyed it but I think James Patterson is probably better to read as a physical book rather listened to as an Audiobook - it got slightly confusing for me - it doesn’t take much these days though!  Having read other reviews of James Patterson's books it appears that once again I’m late to the party, and, as this is one of his more recent books I am convinced that they can only get better as I go backwards.

Predominantly the dominant story is about three victims, in three cities at the same time with Sergeant Lindsay Boxer as the investigating officer.  There are a couple of other subplots which don’t seem to have any relevance to the story but I guess everyone has a life outside of their job, with friends and family who are connected with the protagonist and this is what Patterson shows as he writes his story.  

I loved the enthusiasm and comradeship of the women, who I am presuming, are the ‘Women’s Murder Club’.  With careers that are different, but linked, they are always there for each other, no matter what.

Will I read another James Patterson?  Almost certainly, although I need to do some research into his earlier novels and start off with those, I think.

If you are a James Patterson fan then yes, definitely read 20th victim, however, if, like me, you are new to the author then start off with something different.  I'm off to find out what I should have read first!



0 comments:

Post a Comment