Tuesday, March 2, 2021

My Review for Honesty is Key: The Magic Ingredient by Tayma Tameem


The Magic Ingredient Cover
⭐⭐⭐. 
This review is for Honesty is Key: The Magic Ingredient by Tayma Tameem, which I reviewed in  January 2021 for Online Book Club. I enjoyed the story, which was very easy to read and would be a good beach read. I believe that this book has been professionally edited as I did not find any grammatical errors or spelling mistakes.

Honesty is Key: The Magic Ingredient is the first book in a trilogy by Tayma Tameem. Atlas is an out-of-work actor who has previously claimed that he can cook, and has now been employed as a chef on a new television show. The only problem is; that he can’t cook!

The story takes us through the first series of the television show, and how Atlas adapts his skills and his personality, which will be imperative as to whether the show succeeds or fails. Selina is Atlas’s producer on the show, and throughout the book, the reader is constantly wondering whether this is a love interest that will lead to anything more than an employer/employee relationship.

Tayma’s book caused me to laugh out loud quite a few times, and not many books have that effect on me. The descriptions that Tayma includes in her text ensure that you can visualise what is happening, particularly when she is describing the scenes that take place when the filming of the television series is in progress.

Honesty is Key: The Magic Ingredient makes for easy reading, and although cringe-worthy in places, it is well written and entertaining. The thing that I enjoyed most about the book was that it made me laugh, and allowed me to escape into someone else’s world for a while.

There wasn’t really anything about the book that I disliked, although, in some parts, I felt embarrassed for Atlas and felt that perhaps these could have been written in a slightly different way, these didn’t detract from the easiness and enjoyment of the book. I would like to read the other books in The Honesty is Key series to find out what adventures Atlas has in the future.

I think the book would appeal to a wide range of audiences. As I didn’t find any profanity or eroticism in the content, they would suit Young Adults upwards. In my opinion, due to the storyline, it would probably suit a female audience rather than a male.

I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone who wants something easy to read and a distraction from everyday life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment