My Review for The Daisy Chain Flower Shop by Laurie Gilmore, read by CJ Bloom and Teddy Hamilton
“To all the nerds out there, we think you look hot in your glasses” 🤓❤️
The sixth visit to Dream Harbor and I really enjoyed following Daisy and Elliot’s relationship, as they begin with fake-dating and inevitably end up falling in love. I don’t think that’s a spoiler — we all know it’s going to happen in Dream Harbor! 😂💕
Elliot is so sweet, kind and thoughtful, and always seems to be putting Daisy’s feelings first. Daisy was a bit naughty at times, and I did feel she was stringing him along a little because she didn’t know whether she wanted this relationship or not.
Just as with all the other Dream Harbor relationships — which pop up every now and again in this one too — it’s all about the thoughts and feelings. Daisy and Elliot work well together, and their friends all love them. It’s cute, easy-to-read and a little bit spicy. 🌶️🥰 I loved it!
Thank you to HarperCollins and Libro.fm for the opportunity to listen to and review The Daisy Chain Flower Shop by Laurie Gilmore. 💕📖
About the Book
Daisy is fed up with being unlucky in love, and after several weddings she has done the flowers for end in divorce, her beloved flower shop has gained a reputation of being cursed, thanks to Mayor Kelly and his infamous visions.
Dream Harbor newcomer, Elliot, has been adjusting to town life following his own relationship turmoil. And until now he’s avoided the flower shop at all costs. If the mayor is correct, he doesn’t need any more bad luck in his life. But with his family coming to visit, Elliot finds himself reluctantly in front of Daisy’s store in need of some flowers. As the petals blossom in the sunlight, Daisy and Elliot might find that love comes when you’re least expecting it…
About Laurie/Melissa - by Laurie
As Melissa McTernan, I write sweet and steamy fantasy/paranormal romance. I love grumpy heroes, sarcastic heroines, and grown-up fairy tales. I am currently working on The Wolf Brother’s series for One More Chapter (a HarperCollins UK imprint). The trilogy follows three werewolf brothers and their (maybe if they don’t screw it up) Mates.
As Laurie Gilmore (my pen name), I write steamy small-town romance. My Dream Harbor series is filled with quirky townsfolk, cozy settings, and swoon-worthy romance. I love finding books with the perfect balance of sweetness and spice and strive for that in my own writing. If you ever wished you lived in Stars Hollow (or that Luke and Lorelai would just get together already!) then these books are definitely for you.
When I’m not writing, I’m most likely reading or wrangling my kids as a stay-at-home mom. I live in upstate New York with my husband, kids, cats, puppy, and full bookshelves. I write romance to keep my sanity.


Comments
Post a Comment