My Review for The Stranger at the Wedding by A.E. Gauntlett


“The lights went out in the carriage, and when they came back on, the man was looking at me...” 👀

The Stranger at the Wedding has been sitting on my shelf for a while, so I chose to read it for the #NeglectedFaithfulsReadingChallenge for June. 📚 I've been pondering this review for a while, and I'm still unsure how I feel about the book. I enjoyed it, honestly I did, but the multiple timelines and points of view were extremely confusing – and this is coming from someone who loves both of these! 😵‍💫 It would have helped if there had been some indication of whose point of view we were reading from and what year we were in!

Anyway, that aside, apart from having to really concentrate on the story, I did enjoy it. It was packed with twists and turns that I just didn't see coming, and very definitely had many unlikeable, dodgy and narcissistic characters! 😬 The ending tied it all up nicely, even if it was fast and unexpected. 🔀

Thank you to Bloomsbury Publishing for the gifted copy of The Stranger at the Wedding by A.E. Gauntlett. 💕📖

About the Book

Annie never much believed in love. That is, until meeting Mark. After crossing paths on morning commutes, they connect at a group counseling session for trauma survivors. Each recognizes something in the other, though both hide their own troubled pasts.

It’s a whirlwind romance that propels Annie through their courtship, all the way to her wedding day—a day she couldn’t have predicted for herself once upon a time yet now feels surer about than anything in her life.

But as Annie stands at the altar, casting her eyes over the rows of well-wishers, she spots a stranger in the crowd, and she soon learns that her new life isn’t going to be the happily ever after that she had planned. Who is the stranger at the wedding? What really happened to Mark’s first wife? And was Annie and Mark’s meeting as random as it first appeared, or is something more sinister at work?



About A.E. Gauntlett

A. E. Gauntlett completed an MA in English Literature at King’s College London in 2010, before joining the publishing industry as a literary agent. The Stranger at the Wedding is his debut thriller, written in secret while agenting the work of numerous bestselling authors of his own.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US Road Trip - May 2023 - Summary

My Review for Summer Secrets at Duck Pond Cottage by Della Galton

My Review for Alchemised by SenLinYu, read by Saskia Maarleveld