Monday, November 27, 2023

My Review for Death Before Dishonor by Madeline Vaughn

I really enjoyed this fast-paced military thriller and Emily, our protagonist, is a force to be reckoned with. Everything in this book surrounds the US Navy. Something has been going down and people have died, and now Emily and her friends and family need to find out what’s going on before worse happens.

Emily Fallon is very family-orientated, but she’s also a badass who will do almost anything to protect that family. She is very capable of looking after herself and I definitely wouldn’t want to cross her. Her enemies should be very afraid of her!

Right up until the end, I was questioning who the bad guys were. There were a lot of ‘Is it him’, and ‘actually no, it’s him’, moments and Vaughn kept the suspense going right the way through the book.

I am lucky enough to be on the Street Team for Madeline’s next book, Storm From Within, which is why I picked up this first one in the Emily Fallon series. I’ve already finished the next one and my review will be coming later this week.

If you enjoy a quick thriller with lots of twists and turns, then I’d recommend this new series.

About the Book 

Lieutenant Emily Fallon returns home from her recent at-sea deployment. All she wants before her next assignment is a little bit of R & R.

As soon as her boots hit the ground in Norfolk, VA, a series of events start to unfold. It is clear that someone is targeting her family.
Follow Emily through Norfolk, VA and the Outer Banks, NC as she tries to unravel the conspiracy that started long before she found out about it.
Will she be able to save her loved ones in time? Who will she be able to trust? She will quickly find out that prior events and people in her life are not truly what and who they seem to be.

About Madeline

​I have always been passionate about writing and storytelling. I would describe myself as a curious author who loves exploring different themes and motifs. As part of my writing process, I love to immerse myself into my projects—dive headfirst into the research, production, and fine-tuning of the stories that I feel are the most worthy of telling.​Take a look through the site to find everything from my latest work to future projects.

0 comments:

Post a Comment