Friday, September 22, 2023

My Review for The Traitor by Ava Glass

The Traitor by Ava Glass may well be up there with my top reads of 2023. It was soooooo good! I turned the pages so quickly, I’m surprised they didn’t rip! It was simply brilliant, very James Bond-esque, fast-paced, and full of spies, traitors and gadgets. I was just over halfway through when I thought I’d worked out who ‘the traitor’ was and I was right, although as the book progressed I did begin to have my doubts! Working out who the baddie was didn’t detract from my enjoyment of the book at all. In fact, it probably made it more fun as Emma and her colleagues tried to work it out, too.

I loved the vivid descriptions which Ava Glass produced as she wrote about Emma’s time on the yacht and in the various European cities. It all just felt so warm and inviting, a great contrast to what was going on in the spy world!

The Traitor is the first book I have read from Ava Glass and although it’s the second in the series, I really don’t think this matters. It can definitely be read as a standalone, but I will be going back and reading the first one.

Thank you to Century Books UK for the opportunity to read and review The Traitor by Ava Glass.

Amazon UK | Amazon US | Instagram | Website | X


0 comments:

Post a Comment