Tuesday, September 12, 2023

My Review for I'll Miss You This Christmas by Lucy Mitchell


I cried, I laughed, and I talked aloud to the characters. I’ll Miss You This Christmas is my first seasonal read for 2023 and it’s set the bar high for the others on my TBR.

I had to shout at Emily and Rory often throughout the book. They were frustrating and neither of them was admitting to what they wanted, which was ultimately each other. Felix was adorable, and I loved how he was communicating with his Mum. Such an awesome thing to do to keep her memory alive. Baxter was a sweetie but I have to admit, I was a little worried that he’d get squished somewhere on all those long train journeys!

Lucy Mitchell writes sensitively about some heart-crushing subjects and she does so with love and compassion.

If you want a book for Christmas, then I’d definitely recommend asking Santa for this or just buy it for yourself at any time of year. Hell, I read it in 30 degree heat in the garden in September!

Thank you to Bloodhound Books for the opportunity to read and review I’ll Miss You This Christmas by Lucy Mitchell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment