Sunday, August 20, 2023

My Review for Elodie's Library of Second Chances by Rebecca Raisin


Give me a book that actually has books included in the story and you’ve got me hook, line and sinker! I was always going to love this one, I just knew it! A library that is on the brink of closure, in the small backwater that is Willow Grove needs someone to revive and love it, and that’s just what Elodie is hoping to do. Hating her corporate lifestyle in a family business in London, she ups and moves herself to Willow Grove and sets about making the necessary changes in order to keep the library alive.

I loved Elodie’s idea of the library lending people’s stories, rather than just a book. There are plenty of people in the local community with a story to tell and Elodie’s idea of lending these people out for 30 minutes, to tell their story is genius. I have no idea whether real libraries do this, but if not, they definitely should.

This book is not just about second chances for the library, it’s also about second chances for Elodie, Teddy, Harry and Pete, amongst others. Everyone deserves a second chance at life, love, or whatever is thrown into their path. Never judge a book (or a person) by their cover.

If you want something lovely and happy to read this summer, pick up a copy of this book and hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I did.

Thank you to NetGalley and HQ for the opportunity to read and review Elodie’s Library of Second Chances by Rebecca Raisin.


0 comments:

Post a Comment