Sunday, July 30, 2023

My Review for A Secret Cornish Summer by Phillipa Ashley

I adore the cover of A Secret Cornish Summer, pastels and sea and cliffs and blue skies. Add this together with a beautifully written story and you’ve got a summer winner right here.

I found this latest offering from Phillipa Ashley, full of thrills, spills and romance, and it was all set amongst an amazing backdrop in Cornwall, at the very bottom tip of the UK. I loved Eden, and I so much wanted her life to continue on the upward spiral she has found for herself, after a failed marriage to a complete and utter git! Iris is just a legend amongst all Granny’s, and who can’t love a cat called Sardine!

Phillipa pulled it out of the bag again with this one. Her writing is incredibly addictive and I could almost smell the coffee in Eden’s roastery and the tang of the salt in the sea air. I found the history of the lighthouse keepers fascinating. I have always wanted to stay in a lighthouse which has been converted into a holiday cottage - maybe I should make it happen!

Grab yourself a copy of A Secret Cornish Summer if you need something to read by the pool this summer. Or, if you’re currently in the middle of winter, snuggle up by the fire with a cup of cocoa and dream of warmer days!

Thank you to Avon Books UK for the opportunity to read and review a copy of A Secret Cornish Summer by Phillipa Ashley.





0 comments:

Post a Comment