Monday, July 17, 2023

My Review for The Lifeboat Sisters by Tilly Tennant


I loved this new series by Tilly Tennant and devoured the first two books in a couple of days. The first in the series is The Lifeboat Sisters and is Ava's story. Ava is the youngest Morrow sister and is determined to follow in her late father's footsteps and volunteer for the local lifeboat service. However other members of her family have reservations. Does Ava stand up for her beliefs, or does she go along with others' wishes?

I cried at this book - a lot - and I rarely cry at anything I read, but for some reason, this one just kept hitting that spot and the tears flowed. I think my husband thought that something serious had happened! I loved Ava and I loved Harry, I just needed to love them together. When I was a kid, we used to go to a place called Mumbles in South Wales for our holidays every single year and I used to love watching the lifeboat go out. Reading The Lifeboat Sisters reminded me of these lovely family holidays and the way in which the sea can turn from a millpond into a raging torrent, just because of a wind change!

If you want a beautiful story, set in Cornwall, to read whilst you're on your holidays this summer then I cannot recommend this enough. If you're anything like me then you'll fly through it and want to read the next one straight away.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for the opportunity to read and review The Lifeboat Sisters by Tilly Tennant.



Author Bio


From a young age, Tilly Tennant was convinced that she was destined for the stage.  Once she realised she wasn’t actually very good at anything that would put her on the stage, she started to write stories instead. There were lots of terrible ones, like The Pet Rescue Gang (aged eight), which definitely should not see the light of day ever again. Thankfully, her debut novel, Hopelessly Devoted to Holden Finn was not one of those, and since it hit the Amazon best seller lists she hasn’t looked back. Born in Dorset, she currently lives in Staffordshire with her husband, two daughters, three guitars, four ukuleles, two violins and a kazoo.

Amazon UK | Amazon US | Instagram | Facebook | Threads | Twitter | Website



0 comments:

Post a Comment