Thursday, June 29, 2023

My Review for The Silence by Katerina Diamond

The Silence Cover

The Silence was a real slow-burner for me. After the first attack, nothing seemed to happen for ages and then bam! It got darker and more twisted, as only a well-written thriller can. Gail was one of the main characters and a victim and I really didn’t warm to her at all. Yes, she had it tough and rough, but an evil streak ran close to the surface. DS Shona White was more likeable, all she wants to do is help the victims of crimes, without being hindered by her superiors. 

I worked out who the perpetrator was about three-quarters of the way in and from then on; I was just getting frustrated that no one else was getting it! I reckon I must have some sort of screw loose, as these days, the more messed up the thriller, the more I enjoy it!

There are loads of trigger warnings for The Silence, so make sure you read the description before you commit. If you’re happy with them all, then dive right into it. I think you’ll enjoy it.

Thank you to Avon Books UK for the opportunity to read and review The Silence by Katerina Diamond.





0 comments:

Post a Comment