Tuesday, June 13, 2023

My Review for The Magic of Sea Glass by Jenny Hale

The title for this book grabbed me, simply because I moved to the coast last summer and decided I wanted to see if I could find sea glass (unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be much on the east coast of England but I’ll keep searching)!

Lauren has moved to the coast after she lost her fiance. She takes on a new job as a housekeeper in an inn on the Outer Banks in North Carolina and tries to forget about the life she’s left behind. Very quickly, though, she becomes immersed once again in planning a wedding and even begins to enjoy herself.

I’m a sucker for these sorts of stories, where the main character runs off to the seaside to get over a failed romance, a death or a career flop. Even better if they make a new life for themselves along the way. Lauren and Brody tugged at my heartstrings from the outset, and Mary was just like everyone’s favourite granny. 

Sea glass is there, as a story in the background and how magical it can be. I just hope, in time, I find some too.

Thank you to Jenny Hale and Harpeth Press for the opportunity to read and review The Magic of Sea Glass.

0 comments:

Post a Comment