Wednesday, May 17, 2023

US Road Trip - May 2023 - Day 10

Day 10

This morning we arrived in Ensenada, Mexico and had already decided we weren’t getting off the ship today. The cruise was always about relaxing, not going on an excursion with a million and one other people! We started off sitting in the solarium, but although it was sunny; it was windy, and the wind was cold. Dave went back downstairs first, and I followed soon after. Dave went back to bed to sleep off his hangover, and I went to Cafe Promenade and got myself a hot chocolate and some cookies and sat in the Schooner Bar with my book. After about an hour, Dave appeared, and we went upstairs to Windjammer for a spot of lunch. As we ate, we looked around at the port of Ensenada and decided that perhaps we would get off and go for a wander, just for an hour or so. 


We walked from the ship, up to the marina (if you can call it that) and then just along the front. There were a few touristy shops, but we didn’t go into any and after an hour, we headed back. It was nice just to get off the ship for a bit, though. 

When we got back, the sun was on our balcony and I sat and read my book for a couple of hours whilst Dave watched some fishing thing he had downloaded on his iPad. 



We were both tired after drinking for a lot of yesterday, so we had an early dinner and an early night ready for disembarkation at around 7 am.

I want to quickly sum up my experience of Navigator of the Seas. I can only compare it to Anthem of the Seas, as that’s the only other ship I’ve been on. The food was fine. We didn’t opt for any speciality restaurants because I don’t think they’re worth the money. The food in the Main Dining Rooms is sufficient, in my opinion. 

The variety of shows on Navigator was limited, and I was really disappointed with this. I was expecting to be spoilt for choice, but that definitely wasn’t the case. When we cruised with Anthem, it was towards the end of the pandemic when we could only sail around the UK and despite that; we saw at least two shows every night and there were more things to do than you had time for. I don’t know whether it’s because it’s a smaller ship, but Anthem had a better choice. The spaces to sit on Navigator were also limited. Basically, you had to sit in a bar, there was nowhere else. On Anthem there were seats dotted around throughout the ship and the 360 Lounge at the Aft of the ship was a massive space where you could just go and chill out. Navigator had nothing like this. 

I always thought a smaller ship would be better suited to us, but now that’s probably incorrect. The larger the ship, the more seating spaces and lounges maybe? I will definitely be looking at the space available if we book future cruises.


0 comments:

Post a Comment