Friday, April 21, 2023

My Review for His Secret Wife by Lisa Timoney

His Secret Wife Cover
I really enjoyed His Secret Wife by Lisa Timoney, and for a couple of days, all I did was read, sitting in the sunshine in the garden. Cora and Harry both found their way into my heart and I loved that with the innocence of childhood, they were probably the best thing that happened to each other. 

Elle is married to Rob, Jen is married to Bill and we realise from the beginning that Rob and Bill are the same man, who actually believes he is doing the right thing for both families! I did question how someone can be so deceptive and think he can keep things going with two wives indefinitely. Well, he certainly gave it a good go!

The author covered the kids’ diagnosis with differing forms of ADHD, with incredible knowledge, and she obviously did her research well. The story made me think about how difficult it must be for parents and teachers, whose children are perhaps a little different from their peers and how hard it is, as a child to try to fit into what is considered ‘normal’.

I will definitely be reading more of Lisa’s books and I would highly recommend His Secret Wife if you want something to read that you honestly won’t be able to put down.

Thank you to Avon Books UK for the opportunity to read and review His Secret Wife by Lisa Timoney.

0 comments:

Post a Comment