Thursday, April 27, 2023

My Review for Descended by Ingrid J. Adams

Descended Cover

Descended is so beautifully written, I couldn’t get enough! Indigo knows he is a little different from his peers. He’s way more in tune with his feelings and surroundings than any of his other friends, and it feels like most of them just don’t ‘get him’. Everything about his story touched my heart, his rapport with Cordelia and the loving way he was accepted into hers and Robbie’s family.

I guess Descended is a coming-of-age story, nothing is trivialised or made to appear worse than it is. It is just all about growing up and the issues that come along with all that and Ingrid J. Adams masters the whole thing brilliantly.

The story is set in the early 90s, and at that time I was in the latter half of my teens. Many of the references that the author makes in relation to music and whatever else was happening at the time melted my heart a little as I remembered what I was doing, who my friends were and the fun times I was having.

Descended is the first in the series and I absolutely cannot wait to find out what is in store for Indigo, Cordelia and Robbie.

Thank you to the author, Ingrid J. Adams, for the opportunity to read and review Descended.


0 comments:

Post a Comment