Thursday, March 16, 2023

My Review for The Loch by Fran Dorricott

The Loch Cover
Twenty years ago, three young women disappeared, never to be found. The rumour to this day is that their bodies are still hidden deep within the murky Loch Aven.

A time-slip novel, ‘then’, mainly told from the viewpoint of Rebecca, and ‘present day’, told from Eleanor’s perspective with a few other characters intermingled in the storytelling. Eleanor, Clio and Michaela are on a girls’ holiday in Scotland and sunny, it is not! Wet, misty, dismal and mysterious, the girls are alone in the house on the Loch and then one of them goes missing.

Even though I worked out ‘whodunnit’ by the middle of the book, The Loch was a real page-turner for me and kept me hooked all day long. I truly couldn’t put it down. Do you know how difficult it is to hold the pages open whilst making a tuna sandwich?!

The Loch is my first Fran Dorricott novel, and it has made me eager to check out what else she has written and add them to my TBR list.

Thank you to Avon Books UK for the opportunity to read and review an ARC of The Loch by Fran Dorricott.



































0 comments:

Post a Comment