Sunday, February 26, 2023

My Review for Unnatural History by Jonathan Kellerman


Unnatural History Cover
This book is number 38 in the Alex Delaware series and it’s only the first one I’ve read, despite me having a copy of a previous book sitting on my shelf! I’ve read it as a standalone and it was absolutely fine. However, I guess if you want more of the backstory to the characters, then you’d need to start at the beginning.

Alex is a psychologist and assists his police detective friend, Milo Sturgis, in solving cases, looking at them from a psychological point of view in order to help solve the crime. I found Unnatural History somewhat slow to begin with, but I guess that’s the case with many police procedurals, as the crime is discovered and the background built up. However, once I was through all of that, the pace picked up and I was fully invested in the characters Kellerman has in his story. I enjoyed reading about the homeless communities of Los Angeles and how their mental health can affect their daily lives. We also discover how someone who was once pretty well off can spiral downwards incredibly quickly and go from one life to another.

Definitely grab yourself a copy of Unnatural History if you enjoy a police procedural, but be warned, if this is your first Alex Delaware book, it probably will not be your last. You’ll have another 37 to buy!

Thank you to Century Publishing for a review copy of Unnatural History by Jonathan Kellerman.

0 comments:

Post a Comment