Tuesday, February 14, 2023

My Review for Truly, Madly, Amy by Kerry Wilkinson, narrated by Joe Jameson.

I listened to Truly, Madly, Amy as an audiobook and it blew me away. The story is told from the point of view of Joe, our protagonist, who is now thirty-six, but tells the reader/listener all about his summer as a sixteen-year-old. Very much a coming-of-age book, Joe talks of new experiences in his life, a summer job, a girlfriend, and reading his first ever book for fun! 

Joe has to deal with many things during the six weeks of the summer of 1999, his father’s death, his mother’s depression, his sister moving ahead with her own life, and what he is going to do with his own, once he receives his exam results. He also has to learn how to manage his heightened teenage feelings, both of love and anger, and the consequence of what happens if he can’t control them.

Truly, Madly, Amy sent me straight back to my teenage years, as I reflected on the similarities and differences between my life, and Joe and Amy’s. You learn so much as you grow from childhood into adulthood and I think that what you learn, shapes you as an adult. There are changes I would make if I had my time over again, especially in regard to what I studied. Consequently, this may well have led to making different choices in life, particularly with my career and relationships. I may not have met my best friend or my husband if I had chosen a different career. Who knows!

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys romance, coming-of-age and simply a good all-rounder.   Joe Jameson who narrates the audiobook was brilliant and I loved listening to his voice.  I need to find more books that he has done the voiceover for!

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture Audio for the opportunity to listen to and review a copy of Truly, Madly, Amy by Kerry Wilkinson.


0 comments:

Post a Comment