Tuesday, February 7, 2023

My Review for Escape to Futtingbrook Farm by Nicola May

Escape to FBF Cover

Nicola May is an automatic read for me. I simply adore all of her books. Escape to Futtingbrook Farm (previously published as The Hub) is no exception. It was so funny and made me laugh so much; I didn’t want it to end!

August, Max, Beryl, Ellie and all the other characters were fantastic. Each with their own unique personalities, some loveable, and some obviously a complete pain in the backside. Throughout the book, however, we learn the reasons they all are, what they are. I want to grab myself a spot at The Hub and join in with Pizza Friday.

It has a bit of everything — romance, heartache, mystery, and lots and lots of laugh-out-loud moments. However, there are parts of the story are heart-wrenching, with the subject of suicide being a pretty big part of the book. The author deals with it well and there are positive outcomes to even the most heartbreaking of stories.

There is a Maya Angelou quote with Nicola May includes in the book ‘every storm runs out of rain’ which, when I stopped and thought about it, can be very apt for those who are often feeling a bit fed up sometimes. Whether you’ve fallen out with your mates or you’ve split up from someone you thought you might be the love of your life forever. Things will get better.

Thank you to Nicola May for the opportunity to read and review a copy of Escape to Futtingbrook Farm. I have read most of her other books, but I now have all of them on my Amazon wishlist!

0 comments:

Post a Comment