Tuesday, January 10, 2023

My Review for Off the Deep End by Lucinda Berry

I’m pretty sure that Off the Deep End is my first Lucinda Berry read, however, it won’t be my last. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Fast-paced and a real page-turner, it became pretty dark as the story progressed, but this made it even more thrilling for me.

It all began with two mothers, Amber and Jules, and two sons, Gabe and Isaac, but what happened, and how did it end? Told from the point of view of both mothers in alternating chapters, we discover very different versions of a similar story and many times I wanted to tell both of them to get a grip and start behaving like adults. I mean, do innocent people really need to hide stuff from the police? 

There are lots of plot twists and turns, some I was expecting and some, not so much so but each added to the overall enjoyment of the book. 

If you like a psychological thriller with hundreds of plot changes, then check out Off the Deep End by Lucinda Berry. 

Thank you to NetGalley and Thomas & Mercer for the opportunity to listen to and review an ARC of Off the Deep End by Lucinda Berry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment