Wednesday, December 14, 2022

My Review for Mayatte's Catharsis: A Feathered Serpent Reborn by Jack E. Mohr

From the beginning, I was drawn onto Naña’s island and into her world. An island that seems to be in the middle of an ocean and perhaps within a Bermuda triangle-type vortex. Naña and her fellow islanders hide from any visitors, and only show themselves when they feel safe. So, when survivors of a shipwreck land on the island, they initially seem to be on a deserted island.

We are soon thrown into a world of fighting monsters and characters fighting for their lives whilst trying to save each other.

I enjoyed this short novella, but I felt that it could have done with a final edit to iron out the few errors I found. I would also appreciate some world-building to understand more about what is happening and why. There is definitely scope for further, perhaps full-length books and I would like to see what the author comes up with next. 

Thank you to Jack E. Mohr for the opportunity to read and review an ARC of Mayatte’s Catharsis.

0 comments:

Post a Comment