Tuesday, December 27, 2022

My Review for The Man Without Shelter by Indrajit Garai

The Man Without Shelter Cover
I was approached by the author’s assistant, who asked if I would like to read a copy of The Man Without Shelter. The synopsis sounded like something I would enjoy and so I agreed. 

Lucy and Arnault are the main characters. Lucy is a lawyer, with a promising future ahead of her and Arnault has recently been released from prison and is now living on the streets of Paris. Through various situations, their lives become linked and the story progresses.

Overall, The Man Without Shelter is a good book. I enjoyed both Lucy and Arnault’s stories and with Arnault in particular; the author described, in detail, how he progressed as he left prison and I enjoyed his story.


That being said, the book could definitely have done with a final edit. There were quite a few grammatical errors, and it appears that English isn’t the author’s first language. I’m not sure whether the book was written in English or whether it has been translated, however, for me, it didn’t flow as well as it could have done. I would suggest a re-edit to address these issues and the few storyline anomalies.

Thank you to the author for the opportunity to read and review a copy of The Man Without Shelter by Indrajit Garai.

0 comments:

Post a Comment