Friday, December 23, 2022

My Review for Happy State by Samantha Fitzgibbons

Happy State Cover

I can easily immerse myself into someone else’s dystopian world, so when Samantha Fitzgibbons reached out and asked me whether I would like to read her brand new, debut dystopian novel, Happy State, I grabbed the opportunity with both hands.

Happy State is brilliantly written, and I loved it from beginning to end. It was incredibly dark throughout, and I often shuddered and wondering just what the UK would be like if democracy became a dictatorship. It just doesn’t bear thinking about. 

Rafella is our protagonist, and she has had to get used to having a curfew and being told what time she has to be home at night. Mobile phones are no longer allowed and nightclubs no longer exist. What I found difficult to comprehend was the plan to ‘remove’ people with any sort of mental illness from society. It was just horrifying.

Happy State ended on a massive cliffhanger and I hope Samantha Fitzgibbons is well on her way to writing the next one! 

I would definitely recommend Happy State to anyone who enjoys a dystopian story and I would like to thank the author for the opportunity to read and review a copy of her book.





0 comments:

Post a Comment