Thursday, November 3, 2022

My Review for The Midnight Library by Matt Haig

The Midnight Library Cover
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I can’t believe that I have had this sitting on my shelf for about a year, and I’m only just getting around to reading it. It was so, so good, I think it will become one of my most favourite reads.

Essentially, our protagonist, Nora, is on the brink of death but gets the opportunity to see what her life would have been like if she had made alternative choices about many things. However, no life is perfect, as Nora comes to realise.

The Midnight Library was one of those books that left me with a book hangover. I can’t stop thinking about it and I wake in the middle of the night, just wondering what my life would be like if I had made different decisions along my journey. What if I had said yes to that cinema date with a boy I had a crush on when I was 14? What if I had gone to college? What if I hadn’t said yes to that first date with my husband?! I am beyond happy with my life as it has turned out, but you just never know what might have been.

If you feel yourself in a bit of a rut, then I would recommend you check out this book. If you like a little bit of fantasy in your book world, then give this a go. I can guarantee that it’ll stay with you for a while when you’ve finally turned that last page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment