Thursday, August 4, 2022

My Review for At Witt's End by J.V. Caggiano

At Witt's End Cover
⭐⭐⭐ The main reason I chose to read this book was that we are about to move into a new house and it’s called ‘Witzend’! Not my usual criteria. I didn’t even read the synopsis! At Witt’s End is a cosy mystery, not my usual go-to genre, but actually, it was a pretty good story. 

Cerridwen is an author who is trying to hide away to finish her latest novel but is constantly being disturbed by friends and neighbours and, eventually, they have an actual murder to solve.

Think Agatha Christie, crossed with the Agatha Raisin series and you’ll get an idea of the sort of book you are reading. It took me a while to get to grips with the characters and it was a bit all over the place to begin with, taking a fair few chapters to settle into what was going on. However, I found myself drawn in, and eager to discover ‘whodunnit’. 

I loved the diverse range of characters and the humour that Caggiano so obviously has, and there is definitely talent there for further books.

The only reason I gave this 3 stars was because of the editing. After reading other reviews, this may be just the Kindle edition I was gifted, (I sincerely hope it wasn't published with this many errors), but it distracted me from the enjoyment of the story and as it was published over two years ago, a fully edited copy would have been appreciated. For full disclosure, if I am reading an ARC that is yet to be published, I don’t take the editing into account at all.

Despite this, though, the story is great and will keep you reading, and an easy book to while away a few hours.

Thank you to Katie and Brey PA for the gifted copy of At Witt's End by J.V. Caggiano.

0 comments:

Post a Comment