Sunday, July 17, 2022

My Review for Throw Me to the Wolves by Lindy Ryan & Christopher Brooks


Throw Me to the Wolves Cover
⭐⭐⭐⭐ I’m always up for a paranormal novel which includes werewolves and witches and any sort of fantasy creatures, so when I had the opportunity to read, Throw Me to the Wolves, I grabbed it with both hands!

Slow-paced to begin, but speeding up as the story progresses, the book focuses on Britta, our female, werewolf protagonist as she recalls the tragic events which befell her family and the curse which was put on her by a witch ten years ago, and now, as that same witch is attempting to regain her power by using Britta.

This was an easy read without too much to think about, apart from losing yourself in a fantasy world of werewolves, witches and the occasional ghost, and how they interact with their human counterparts. Britta is a prominent character, but in my opinion there wasn’t a strong male lead. Aaron, and Alec in particular were egotistical, however one of them redeems himself in the end!

I’ve noticed that Throw Me to the Wolves has been classed with horror as a genre. Now I didn’t think I particularly enjoyed horror but maybe I’ve been missing out on some great stories and I just need to redefine my understanding of the genre because I thought this was a great story and I am looking forward to reading the next in the series.

Thank you to the authors for the opportunity to read and review Throw Me to the Wolves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment