Wednesday, July 6, 2022

My Review for Reverie: A Poetry Collection by Vera Atieno

Reverie Cover

⭐⭐⭐⭐ I used to love poetry when I was at school, so when Vera asked me whether I'd like to read her debut poetry collection, I thought it was the ideal opportunity to revisit this old love.

Reverie is split into four chapters: Cosmos, Musing, Misgivings and Soft Spot. Cosmos was probably my favourite with lots of references to nature which were just delightful. No, one particular poem stood out and so many of them were beautifully written.

Vera Atieno writes in a way that opens up your senses, she draws you into her poems and the subjects she is writing about at the time. I loved the illustrations too, each one adding an individual perspective to complement each poem.

Thank you to Vera Atieno for the ARC of Reverie: A Poetry Collection and for inspiring me to open my collection of poetry books once again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment