Wednesday, June 1, 2022

My Review for Too Close by Gayle Curtis, Read by Imogen Church

Too Close Cover
⭐⭐⭐⭐ I love Imogen Church as an Audiobook narrator, so when I was at a loss for a new book to listen to, I just had to choose Too Close by Gayle Curtis from the Borrowbox list I was perusing!

Slow to begin with but quickly picking up the pace, Too Close follows the lives of twins, Cecilia and Sebastian and the dark and troubled journey they both endure. The book is tense, troubling, violent and sometimes just plain weird, but I loved it. There is so much going on, and as we get towards the end of the story, it jumps backwards and forwards between characters and the plot so much that my head hurt - in a good way!

Gayle Curtis is a master at giving us only the snippets of detail we need, right at that moment, and bringing more explanations to the story when it’s necessary. This kept me intrigued throughout and often wondered what she was going to throw in next.

As I said before, Imogen Church is a brilliant narrator and once again, she doesn’t fail to bring the characters into your head. Whether they’re lovable or evil, she will reel you in.

For lovers of a dark, suspenseful thriller, check out Too Close as soon as you can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment