Tuesday, June 14, 2022

My Review for The Hotel Nantucket, Read by Erin Bennett

The Hotel Nantucket Cover
When lots of my bookish friends started talking about The Hotel Nantucket by Elin Hilderbrand, I knew I just needed to read or listen to a copy. When my request for the Audiobook was approved, I couldn’t keep the smile from my face! Read by Erin Bennett, I was enveloped completely into The Hotel Nantucket and its staff, residents and ghost (yes you read that correctly) from the moment they opened their doors to guests.

Following a fire in 1922 in which Grace, aged 19, tragically perished,, the hotel has never really been the same again, until now, when a billionaire from London has purchased it and wants The Hotel Nantucket to be simply the best. Elin takes us on the hotel’s journey and I definitely felt that the characters were becoming friends as I got to know all about them. 

I have never travelled to Nantucket, but after listening to Erin Bennett put the author’s words so imaginatively into my ears, I would love to go. It sounds just like my sort of place. Nantucket now needs to be on an itinerary for one of our road trips! 

I am new to Elin Hilderbrand and I really enjoyed my first insight into her world. I am now off to put her other books on my ‘to be read’ list. 

An ideal book to tuck into your beach bag this summer. Just don’t get so captivated that the tide comes in behind you! 

Thank you to NetGalley and Hatchette Audio for the opportunity to listen to and review an ARC of The Hotel Nantucket by Elin Hilderbrand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment