Sunday, June 26, 2022

My Review for The Boy in Makeup: TikTok made me buy it by Anthony Connors-Roberts

The Boy in Makeup Cover

⭐⭐⭐⭐ I wanted to get this review out before the end of Pride month and June 20022. A great read, and ideal for younger people who are perhaps coming to terms with their sexuality. The Boy in Makeup is fun, entertaining and in parts heartbreaking as we follow Cory as he deals with the people who can often be narrow-minded, uneducated and prejudiced as well as his close friends who accept him for who he is. He is an inspirational young lad who knows what he wants and goes all out to make it happen despite the obstacles that appear in his way.

I really enjoyed the story and the characters and the author was adept at drawing me into Cory’s life. I was invested in how he was going to deal with bullies and teachers who perhaps weren’t quite as understanding as his friends.

As The Boy in Makeup is a short story, a lot happened in a short space of time, this would be great as a prequel to lots more full-length novels about Cory and I hope Anthony Connors-Roberts continues to write and I’d love to read more about Cory and the challenges he faces as he becomes a young man and leaves school. 

My only comment and the reason for 4 stars and not 5 is that this perhaps needed a final edit as there were a few spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. However, this in no way detracted from the story and I’d recommend The Boy in Makeup, to everyone, young or old, that may be interested in the difficulties faced by members of the LGBTQ+ community.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for kindly writing this review and taking the time to read my story. I’m really pleased with the rating and feedback on what I can do better for next time. Thanks again, Ant xxx

    ReplyDelete