Thursday, April 28, 2022

My Review for A Tidy Ending by Joanna Cannon

A Tidy Ending Cover
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I wanted to read A Tidy Ending by Joanna Cannon because one of her other books, The Trouble With Goats and Sheep, was recommended to me by so many people. However, it’s still sitting on my shelf waiting to be read! Hopefully, I’ll get around to it soon!

A Tidy Ending had me gripped from the beginning. Just who was this strange woman, Linda, and why did everyone think her odd? Linda is the protagonist in the story and I honestly couldn’t work out from beginning to end what I should be thinking of her. Is she the victim and a pawn in someone else’s life or is she the mainstay in the plot? She’s weird is what she is, but I definitely wanted to read more of her story. Linda is very insightful, having her own opinions on how she feels people behave in the way in which they do. She’s funny, but she has a sad past which she tries to remember differently than it was. 

Joanna Cannon did a great job with all her characters, each has their own quirks and adds to the story, I can’t say too much without giving the plot away but read it, It’s not quite a thriller, a mystery or a crime novel but lots of those mixed together. I simply loved it! 

Thank you to NetGalley and Harper Collins UK for the opportunity to read and review an ARC of A Tidy Ending by Joanna Cannon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment