Thursday, February 3, 2022

My Review for A Flicker in the Dark by Stacy Willingham

 

A Flicker in the Dark Cover
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This is Stacy Willingham's debut novel! I didn't realise this until I'd finished reading it, and to say I was surprised is an understatement. It feels like she's been writing for years! Full of plot twists and turns, I guarantee it'll leave you reeling and wanting more with each turn of the page.

Chloe is the protagonist in A Flicker in the Dark and has been trying to hide from her past, and her serial killer father for the last twenty years but some things just never go away... Flitting back and forth between the present, and Chloe's memories of the past, we begin to understand why she seems as troubled as she is. 

It now seems that the murders are beginning again, with a similar modus operandi and Chloe feels that somehow she is a link to the killings, setting out to try and find out what is going on. Stacy Willingham's novel certainly keeps you on your toes and I really didn't see the ending coming, not in the way that it did. 

Although I've read a few thrillers, it hasn't been my go-to genre but judging by the last couple I've read, I need to read more. A Flicker in the Dark kept me entertained as nothing has done for a while. If you've never read a psychological thriller before, start off with this one! 

Thank you to NetGalley and Harper Collins for the opportunity to read and review an ARC of A Flicker in the Dark by Stacy Willingham.


0 comments:

Post a Comment