Saturday, January 1, 2022

My Review for Seen and Not Heard by Deborah Jean White

 

Seen and not Heard Cover
⭐⭐⭐⭐ If you fancy a psychological thriller, with an element of quirkiness, then check out ‘Seen and Not Heard’ by Deborah Jean White. 

 Told from two points of view and beginning with Molly. Still a teenager and fresh out of school, Molly falls into a job as a Classroom Assistant and settles in well until the children slowly become absent from her class.

The second point of view is ‘house’. It takes a bit of getting used to, but before long, I can guarantee that you will begin to see things as the house does. It loves children, but isn’t too sure about the adults!

The story had me gripped from the outset and I honestly could not put it down. Yes, it’s slightly strange because I’ve never read a book written as a house before, but weirdly it works. The author brings each character to life, even the house, and we are carried along by memories and present-day as different timelines are visited.

I found the ending surreal, but believable, and I loved the entire book from beginning to end. 

Thank you to Deborah for asking me to read and review ‘Seen and Not Heard. I can’t wait for her next book.


0 comments:

Post a Comment