Thursday, December 30, 2021

My Review for The Imperfect Art of Caring by Jessica Ryn, Read by Rebecca Cooper

 

The Imperfect Art of Caring Cover
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I loved this so much, I just couldn’t stop listening! Violet Strong is bad news, a bad person with no friends, no career, and a mother who hates her. Or has she got all that wrong.....?

What jumped out most to me about this book is how adept and compassionate Jessica Ryn is at describing many people with many caring needs. From adults with learning disabilities to elderly folk with Parkinsons, or a seemingly normal person on the outside who is suffering from mental torment within. Each character has their own unique personality and Ryn writes delicately about each one and their carers and how they deal with everyday life.

I loved that Violet has her own blog, where she puts her book reviews, and I identified a lot with this, as I’m sure many people reading this review will do. What better place is there than loads of reviews, all in one place, from people who like the same sort of things you do!

Violet discovers her true self towards the end of the book and realises that perhaps she isn’t bad news after all and maybe there is hope for the future.

I’d highly recommend this book as something to warm the cockles of your heart when you need something happy to dip into.

Thank you to NetGalley and Harper Collins Audio for the opportunity to listen to and review an ARC of The Imperfect Art of Caring by Jessica Ryn.




0 comments:

Post a Comment