Thursday, December 30, 2021

My Review for The Arctic Curry Club by Dani Redd, Read by Zoha Rahman

The Arctic Curry Club Cover
⭐⭐⭐⭐ The Arctic Curry Club is a very busy book, with a lot going on. However, this didn’t take away anything from my enjoyment of it. On the contrary, it kept me entertained and guessing throughout.

My only criticism is that some of the narrator’s pronunciations appeared to be incorrect, which irritated me somewhat.

That aside, the story is well-written and addictive. Covering many subjects and situations, the author deals with family secrets, adulterous boyfriends, new countries, new careers, and new friends. Maya, the protagonist in the story, finds out so much about herself as a person, gaining in confidence as the book progresses and discovering just what she wants to do with her life, with a few hiccups along the way.

I love the descriptions of the Arctic, with the Northern Lights and snow-covered landscapes, and how lonely and depressing it can become from one month to the next, with no daylight. Many of us know how it feels to not experience the warmth of the sunshine on our faces for a few weeks. I just cannot imagine months and months with no light, let alone no sun!

I dare you to try to not let your mouth water as Maya cooks some delicious Indian recipes that she has inherited from her late mother’s recipe book. A glass of wine, delicious cooked food, and a snowy landscape. Sounds good to me! 

Thank you to NetGalley and Harper Collins Audio for the opportunity to listen to and review an ARC of The Arctic Curry Club by Dani Redd.


0 comments:

Post a Comment