Tuesday, November 30, 2021

My Review for #Rejected Goddesses by Natalie Watson and Nina Holmes

#Rejected Goddesses Cover

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I didn’t know what to expect when the authors approached me and asked if I’d read and review their book, #Rejected Goddesses. From what I can gather, they are relatively unknown authors and therefore I was somewhat surprised when Cat and Robyn, the two protagonists, tugged at my heartstrings from the outset. 

I loved this novella. From beginning to end, I was dragged into Cat and Robyn’s worlds, and I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough! Each of them is looking for love, even if they try to pretend that they’re not in the slightest bit bothered! Cat is a Personal Assistant to a seemingly tyrant of a business manager and Robyn has taken over the reins of her grandmother’s bakery, left to her when she passed away. 

We journey along with them both, as they each edge forwards in their work and personal lives, meeting new, many lovable characters along the way. I was particularly taken with Darcy, Robyn’s rescue dog, who won’t let anyone hurt her new owner.

I laughed, cringed, and swore as I read on, sometimes not believing the actions of some characters and how they dealt with things. There was a very definite element of humour, which only added to my enjoyment of the book.

If you enjoy a contemporary romance novel, put this on your Christmas list. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. I hope Natalie and Nina continue their writings. There is definitely up-and-coming talent there.


0 comments:

Post a Comment