Friday, November 19, 2021

My Review for The New Wife by Sue Watson, read by Tamsin Kennard

The New Wife Cover
⭐⭐⭐⭐ What better to listen to whilst tidying my garden for winter, than a twist and turn thriller. 😱 I’m surprised I didn’t cut back the wrong plants. I was so caught up in the revelations that continued to spiral throughout the story!

Georgie, the protagonist of The New Wife was a fun character. As the story progressed, she turned into a proper little Miss Marple, wanting to solve the crime all by herself. I realised I was talking to her often, as I wandered around the garden, and telling her what she should and shouldn’t be doing! 🤣

I found The New Wife slow to begin with as we were introduced to all the characters and their backgrounds, however, once we knew their relevance to the story it soon sped up and I was excited to see what the next twist would be and how it would fit into the story.

A quick read and listen if you’ve got a few hours to spare and fancy some surprises. I defy anyone to guess the ending. I certainly didn’t!

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture Audio for the opportunity to listen to and review an ARC of The New Wife by Sue Watson, read by Tamsin Kennard.


0 comments:

Post a Comment