Thursday, October 14, 2021

My Review for Making Waves at Penvennan Cove by Linn B. Halton

Making Waves Cover

⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thank you to NetGalley and Aria Fiction for the opportunity to read and review an ARC of Making Waves at Penvennan Cove by Linn B. Halton.

Kerra Shaw has recently returned from London to her home village in Cornwall, following the death of her mother and as a support to her father. Kerra is a successful businesswoman and is hoping to invest and support small businesses in the community, whilst maintaining her currently secret relationship with Ross. Only a handful of people know about their relationship, and until the feud between their families ends, Kerra would like it to remain a secret, but this is Penvannan and nothing stays a secret for long. 

This is the second book in the series, which I didn’t realise at first and although other reviewers have mentioned that it shouldn’t be read as a stand-alone, I’m not sure it really matters, I found the book very slow, to begin with, and not much seemed to happen for at least the first third of the book and I did even consider not finishing it. However, don’t let that put you off. For the rest of the book, I was hooked, and I keenly turned the pages to discover what was going to happen next in Penvennan Cove. 

The author was adept with her descriptions of the Cornish village life, with its fishermen’s cottages and quirky village characters. There were many times when Kerra popped into the village bakery and my mouth watered at the mention of the delicious cakes! 

This is the first book I have read by Linn B. Halton but I am looking forward to reading more. If you love a happy-ever-after story, set in a cosy, English, seaside village, then you’ll enjoy Making Waves at Penvennan Cove.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review - much appreciated, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, it was a lovely read.

      Delete