Thursday, September 2, 2021

My Review for Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas

Throne of Glass Cover

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My second Audiobook from Sarah J. Maas and the first in the Throne of Glass series. I considered reading a physical copy. However, I’m out and about in the garden so much these days, and I love Elizabeth Evans narrating. I thought I’d lose myself in a fantasy world for a few hours. It was so awesome; I loved everything about it....but Mum, if you’re reading this, don’t bother, it’s not for you! However, if you love fantasy, fae, witches, paranormal, and anything other-worldly, then prepare to lose yourselves in the life of Celaena Sardothien.

Celaena is a bad-ass assassin who is experiencing a reprieve from the salt mines of Endovier where she has been sentenced to hard labour. The Crown Prince is offering her, her freedom in a competition to find the King’s next assassin. If she wins, she will work for the King for a few years, before she gains her freedom. If she loses, she will be back in the salt mines.

As with the previous Sarah J. Maas book I listened to, the beginning is quite laborious while she sets the scene and brings in the characters, but once you work out who everyone is and their role; I defy you not to get entangled in another world. Be warned though, although the story of the competition bears a resemblance to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, it is a lot more difficult to get into and certainly not written for children.

Celaena loves books and reading and when she gets to the castle, one of the first things she does is ask if she can borrow books from the library. You’ve got to love an author who creates characters who enjoy a good book!

Too many people write reviews with spoilers in them, so I’m going to leave mine there. Read it and let me know what you think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment