Thursday, September 9, 2021

My Review for The Switch by Beth O'Leary, narrated by Daisy Edgar-Jones and Alison Steadman

The Switch Book Cover

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I love a good Audiobook whilst I’m dead-heading flowers in my garden and The Switch by Beth O’Leary just allowed me to retreat into two different people’s lives for a while!

Leena Cotton lives in London, her grandmother Eileen lives in a small Yorkshire village, and currently, neither are content with their lives, so they decide to switch places for two months. Eileen disappears off to stay in Leena’s flat in London whilst Leena moves into her grandmother’s cottage in Yorkshire, complete with two cats and an irritating neighbour!

I became completely absorbed in The Switch, narrated by two brilliant actors, Daisy Edgar-Jones (Normal People) as Leena, and Alison Steadman as Eileen. I find it makes such a difference when narrators become involved in the story and draw the listener in. 

O’Leary writes with such humour and enthusiasm, particularly with Eileen’s chapters, that I defy anyone not to smile, at least a little. The Switch shows you can achieve anything in life as long as you are determined and have the support of your family and friends. 

If you don’t want to know what’s going to happen, then I’d advise you not to read the synopsis (I never do), it gives too much away, just buy the book and settle down with a cup of Yorkshire tea and enjoy!

I’d love to read more about the Silver Shoreditch Social Club along with Eileen and Leena, so if you’re reading this Beth, can we have a sequel, please!


















0 comments:

Post a Comment