Thursday, September 9, 2021

My Review for The Neighbours by Nicola Gill, narrated by Katy Federman

The Neighbours Book Cover


⭐⭐⭐⭐ Another of my Audiobook reviews, I definitely get through a lot more when the sun is out! When winter arrives, it’ll be back to the reading!

Ginny is 34 and Cassie is 55, neighbours and soon-to-be friends. The most unlikely friendship you could ever think of, but somehow it works. Cassie is an ageing, out-of-work actor and Ginny is an out-of-work publicist - I think you can guess what happens next.

As with all my reviews, I’m not going to give too much away, however, The Neighbours is full of humour, friendship, some sadness and a little bit of love. Ginny and Cassie are both dominant characters and Gill did a great job with some fairly difficult subjects, approaching them with care and understanding. 

Other reviewers have stated that this wasn’t the light-hearted chick-lit book they were expecting but although there were some heavy subjects, such as old-age and depression I found that these were managed well and with a lot of humour in between.

If you enjoy a book where everything turns out well in the end and you like an easy read where you don’t have to concentrate, then give The Neighbours a try. I don’t think you will regret it.



















0 comments:

Post a Comment