Thursday, August 19, 2021

My Review for House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City #1) by Sarah J. Maas

House of Earth & Blood Cover

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐  OMG, this is awesome! I urge everyone who loves anything paranormal to read this. I have heard of Sarah J. Maas, an enormous amount in all the Facebook groups I am in, but I’ve read none of her books! Why not? I need more of her in my life! I actually listened to House of Earth and Blood as an Audiobook (narrated by Elizabeth Evans), and was transported into Crescent City as I walked my dog!

Bryce Quinlan is half-fae and half-human, working for a barely legal antiquities dealer in the City. She lives and parties with her best friend Danika Fendyr until a tragic event occurs, which changes Bryce’s life forever. 

I never like to give too much away in my brief synopsis of books (in fact I never read them before I read a book, as long as I know the genre then that’s enough for me), as I don’t like to include too many spoilers for readers.

The first part of House of Earth and Blood is really slow, as Maas sets the scene and explains the politics and hierarchy of Crescent City but as long as you can get through that part then I’m sure you’ll love the story as much as I did.

There are fae, sprites, angels, demons, and shifters in Crescent City with a lot of violence from the outset. The author is outstanding as she creates her characters. Some you will love and some you will wish dead, but they all have a part to play and the story is addictive. Bryce is a tough cookie on the outside, but underneath, she has had a difficult beginning in her life and you can see the vulnerability as the story progresses.

House of Earth and Blood is New Adult fiction, a developing genre with 18-30-year-old protagonists, and something I hadn’t heard of until today. Think Young Adult but with more ‘racy’ content! Go get it today, you won’t be disappointed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment