Friday, August 13, 2021

My Review for Greece Actually by Sue Roberts

Greece Actually Book Cover

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for the opportunity to read and review an ARC of Greece Actually by Sue Roberts.

Becky lives a quiet life in a small Lancashire town, running her own business where she makes soaps and sells them from a tiny shop down a side street in the small market town. Escaping from a traumatic episode a few years ago, Becky moved up north to begin again, where no one knows her and she was closely followed by her supportive parents. Upon being given the opportunity to escape for a couple of weeks to a villa in Greece, Becky and her two friends jump at the chance and so begins the holiday, which may change Becky’s life forever. 

I’m pretty sure this is the first Sue Roberts’ book I have read (although I can never be sure), but it’s definitely the first one since I’ve been reviewing books. This book was just so, so lovely, sheer escapism in an exquisite setting with Roberts describing everything in such great detail you can imagine that you were with Becky every step of the way. I wanted to be with her when she was reading her book on the harbour front, watching the world go by and I definitely fancy trying the aubergine dip! 

I love a book set anywhere, where the sun and the sea play a part, and this was no exception. Let yourself escape to Skiathos for a few hours with Becky and her friends and enjoy the relaxation that this story will bring you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment