Thursday, May 13, 2021

My Review for Off-Road with Clarkson, Hammond & May by Phillipa Sage

⭐⭐⭐⭐  Thank you to NetGalley and Ad Lib Publishers for the opportunity to review 'Off-Road with Clarkson, Hammond & May' before its publication date. 

Now I've always loved watching 'the boys' on TV. When I still lived at home, it became a Sunday night ritual to all sit down together to watch Top Gear, and this continued when I moved out. I thankfully found a husband who was also into the boys' antics, and we continued my tradition of Sunday night viewing, so when I was given this opportunity to read all about their escapades on tour, I jumped at the chance.

Phillipa Sage, the author, became a piece of the furniture when Clarkson, Hammond & May were on tour, I can't remember what her official title was but she held everything together, dealing with Jeremy's diva moments (and yes, there were many), whilst organising hotels, restaurants and seemingly every little thing related to the tours. Phillipa reflects on her memories of the years she was with the boys, entertaining us with her stories of what went on behind (and not behind) the scenes! She shares with us the list of things that HAD to be available to them all at every venue, as well as the list of necessities they required before they even got to where they were going. Who knew that a Range Rover was 'that' important!

I really enjoyed reading Off-Road with Clarkson, Hammond & May, and I would recommend this to anyone with an interest in Top Gear, the three 'boys' and some degree, cars in general. However, there isn't actually a lot of time dedicated to cars in this book, it's more about the people and how they all lived and worked together in 'the bubble' and for this reason, it offers a greater appeal to a wider audience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment